|Shops & Establishments|
|Different Board Activities|
|Telephone Numbers of Officials|
State Labour Institute
West Bengal Labour Welfare Board
Labour Department, Government of West Bengal is dedicated to the cause of the toiling masses, and for providing them better standard of living through various laws and schemes implemented by different wings under its control.
Seeks to provide
- Safety, security and improved conditions of service at workplace.
- Social Security for the worker and family
- Legal remedies in exigencies like loss of job, strikes, lockouts closure, terminal benefits and other industrial disputes.
- Special care for special groups of labour like Women and Children. Workers in Beedi, Motor Transport, Construction, Shops and Establishments, Plantations, Working Journalists Etc. and workers in the unorganized sector.
- Employment / Placement of job seekers